Monday, October 31, 2005

Epson P2000

As Vlad says in an earlier post, we really recommend Epson's P2000 Media Viewer/Storage device. I take mine everywhere and wouldn't be without it now. Just to have the re-assurance of being able to back up your CF cards in an instant, plus the ability to do a quick edit of what you've done in the field is brilliant. It also plays movies in .avi or .MP4 format. I've just discovered Handbrake (Mac only) which converts all your DVDs into said files in a whizz. So if the wildlife doesn't want to come out and play, I can sit back and watch The Office Series 1 which I've just converted.

In fact, if you don't want to take my word for it, one of the world's greatest wildlife photographers, Moose Peterson uses one. There can be no higher praise in my book. Check out his thoughts here: Moose's P2000 Review. You can find more from Epson themselves here: Epson P2000. Sometimes I think we're too kind advertising other people's products for free. Must see what we can do about review 'samples'. Did I mention I was thinking of trying out Canon's new 5D? : )

1 comment:

vlad259 said...

re: "sit back and watch The Office", shouldn't that be "intently watch an 8 hour Open University special on the European Beaver" ?

Google